Where The Crawdads Sing, Delia Owens - Review

The Hype around this book is real! So many people have this as one of their favourite books of all time and as was one of the most beautifully, heartbreaking books they had ever read.

Where The Crawdads Sing (2018) is centred around 'Marsh Girl' Kya, who was abandoned by her family and the entire town that surrounds her. Kya finds comfort and friendship in mother nature, but when the town's 'golden boy' is found dead, Kya becomes prime suspect. The story covers decades of Kya's life, so it's safe to say I was truly invested in this book.

This book really touched me on a level a book never has. The lyrical, melodic prose were a joy to read and I devoured every word of this book. I started crying over seagulls at one point.... yes seagulls...and no I'm not lying. I truly felt like I was in the book, a feeling I have only ever felt a handful of times, but it was as if I could feel the sand and the wind of the Marsh. The writing is beautifully breathtaking and I can guarantee I will read this over and over (and over again).

This is one of those books that has everything; Romance, heartbreak, murder and nature. There is also a spectacular amount of twists and the ending really delivers (If you've already read the book you'll know what I mean).

I adored this book so much and cannot recommend it enough. It is the best book I have read in a long time and once I started reading it, I couldn't stop (dangerous when you have University exams in two weeks). So if you're a fan of nature, beautiful writing and an all round great plot, this book will not disappoint.






















Comments